In honor of the tremendously cool date of 12-12-12, here are twelve tips to stimulate your creativity and open your eyes to the daily potential for discovery, passion and inspiration all around us.
- Go to a meeting dressed head to toe in your favorite color
- Spend an hour people watching in a mall, super market, or busy street
- Talk to a child about his favorite toy, book, anything they connect to
- Write your brand strategy as a three line Haiku
- Bake a batch of cookies and spend hours decorating them
- Go to a movie in the middle of the work day- invite your boss
- Go to a Karaoke bar or open mic night – get out of your comfort zone
- Buy a magazine that you would never, ever normally read
- Go on a digital diet – no phone, computers, etc. for a day (ok an hour)
- Create a Pinterest page – see first hand what the fuss is or isn’t about
- Endorse someone on Linked In or write a handwritten thank you note
- Offer prayers of gratitude if you are paid to be creative – realize your luck
That’s my twist. How are you celebrating this auspicious day?
I like the way you think. Thanks for the inspiration. I love a lady that thinks out of the box!I